Where it Can Take You
The Denturist Technology program offers a challenging career for those individuals interested in providing direct patient care in oral health services. Program graduates are employed in denture clinics owned by registered denturists. Denturist graduates may be required to complete an internship of one or two years (depending on the laws of the province) and pass examinations specified by the regulatory body. Once registered, the denturist may be self-employed in a denture clinic or an associate in a denture clinic.
For more information about career paths, duties, working conditions and salaries, visit:
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
Graduates of the NAIT Denturist Technology program are eligible for credit toward:
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management (BTech-TM) degree, NAIT
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science - Human Science degree, Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences degree, Thompson Rivers University
- Bachelor of Technology (1 year of post-diploma studies), Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Bachelor of Applied Management, University of New Brunswick
Post Graduation Affiliation
Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to the College of Alberta Denturists to take the provincial registration examination. Approximate costs are:
- Examination $2100.00
- Initial Registration $2700.00.
Graduates are also eligible for membership with the Denturist Association of Alberta and Denturist Association of Canada for a fee.
Professional Association Courses
Provincial associations as well as regulatory colleges offer ongoing Continuing Education courses as a part of mandatory continued competency requirement for practising dental technologists and technicians. Dental manufacturers, supply companies and NAIT all offer courses on new products and procedures as they are introduced.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact email@example.com
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org