RPL for Program Admission
Using RPL to Get Into NAIT Programs
While most Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is done at the course level, it is also possible to use RPL to meet the entrance requirements of a credit program.
If you don't qualify for standard admission to a NAIT program and have either formal learning (acquired through another NAIT program, a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Alberta or from another province or country) or non-formal/informal learning (skills and knowledge acquired), you may still meet program entrance requirements.
NAIT EQUIVALENCY TESTS
If you are missing or need to improve your mark(s) in English, Math, Physics, Chemistry or Biology, you may wish to challenge one or more NAIT equivalency tests.
Please note the following.
- Tests may only be re-attempted every four (4) months.
- Results will be posted on the MyNAIT Student Portal no later than 10 business days after the test.
(Grades & Transcripts > ELP, Placement & Equivalency Results > View test results)
- For more information on accessing your test results, please refer to NAC - After your Equivalency Test (pdf).
- It is your responsibility to ensure you leave adequate time to schedule, take and have your test grades according to NAIT's program application deadlines. If you have already submitted an application to a NAIT program, follow the deadline posted on your MyNAIT Student Portal.
Which tests are available?
Please view the relevant Info Sheet, Readiness Check (if available), and Formula Sheet (if applicable) below for more detailed information.
Note: The English equivalency tests do not replace NAIT's English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Math 20-1 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Math 20-1 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Math 30-1 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Math 30-1 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Math 10C, 20-1, 30-1 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 20 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 20 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Physics 20 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 30 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 30 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Physics 30 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 20 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 20 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 30 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 30 Formula Sheet (pdf)
How will NAIT use my equivalency test results?
- the timeliness of your application
- the competitive academic entrance requirements of your program (which may be higher than the minimum requirements)
- the completion of any non-academic requirements
NAIT equivalency test results are for internal use only and are not recognized by any other institution. Results of all NAIT equivalency tests are final. Individualized test result feedback will not be provided. NAIT will use your highest mark (transcript or equivalency test result) for admission requirements. Taking an equivalency test does not guarantee acceptance into your program. Admission depends on
Where and when can I take the equivalency test?
NAIT Main Campus (11762 - 106 Street, Edmonton)
NEW! NAIT Calgary Campus (816-55 Avenue NE, Calgary)
Edmonton: Monday to Friday
Calgary: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Edmonton: 8:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
Calgary: Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. Thursdays 8:30 am only
|Cost||$79.00 (plus GST)
How do I schedule an equivalency test?
|How to schedule a test|
For further information on equivalency testing, call 780.471.NAIT (6248) or email askNAIT@nait.ca.