How To Apply
Credit Programs & Courses
Students applying for credit programs and courses are required to apply using the Alberta Post-secondary Application System (APAS).
- How to apply for credit programs and courses – see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application process.
- How to apply if you are an International Applicant – see step-by-step instruction on how to complete the application process.
- Apply now – if you have chosen a program or course and are ready to apply online.
- Application Deadlines – see a complete list of application deadlines for credit programs.
- Those applicants applying from out-of-province or out-of-country are required to submit all official documents by the deadline posted on their MyNAIT Portal.
The anticipated time for applications to be reviewed is approximately 3 weeks. Applicants should check their MyNAIT Portal for status updates on their applications. Please note that the approximate processing time may vary for applicants with international credentials.
Non-Credit Programs & Courses
Students enroling in non-credit programs and courses can register directly from our website by making a selection and following the online payment process.
- How to register for non-credit programs and courses – see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the registration process.
In order to train as an apprentice, you must first be hired by an employer willing to provide job-site training and be registered as an apprentice through Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
- How to apply for apprenticeship training – see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application process.
To take courses in Open Studies, you must enrol in each course you are interested in.
- Read about how to enrol in Open Studies courses for full instructions.