How To Apply
Canada Post Strike
Due to the rotating Canada Post strike, there may be delays in receiving all documents mailed from the Office of the Registrar (for example: parchments, transcripts). If you require your transcript without delay, please visit our Student Service Centre where your request can be processed. Please note that if you attended NAIT prior to 2000, your transcript may take additional processing time. If you are unable to visit us in person, please complete the Transcript Request Form and we will notify you once your document is ready for pickup. If you are sending someone else to pick up the document on your behalf, please email an up-to-date Disclosure of Personal Information form to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to pick-up.
If you need to submit your documents to NAIT for admission purposes, please use alternative courier services or submit them in-person at the Student Service Centre to avoid any delays. If you have submitted something via Canada Post mail, please contact the Student Service Centre to discuss your options.
View the hours of operation and contact details for the Student Service Centre
Credit Programs & Courses
Students applying for credit programs and courses are required to apply using the Alberta Post-secondary Application System (APAS).
- How to apply for credit programs and courses – see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application process.
- How to apply if you are an International Applicant – see step-by-step instruction on how to complete the application process.
- Apply now – if you have chosen a program or course and are ready to apply online.
- Application Deadlines – see a complete list of application deadlines for credit programs.
- Those applicants applying from out-of-province or out-of-country are required to submit all official documents by the deadline posted on their MyNAIT Portal.
The anticipated time for applications to be reviewed is approximately 3 weeks. Applicants should check their MyNAIT Portal for status updates on their applications. Please note that the approximate processing time may vary for applicants with international credentials.
Non-Credit Programs & Courses
Students enroling in non-credit programs and courses can register directly from our website by making a selection and following the online payment process.
- How to register for non-credit programs and courses – see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the registration process.
In order to train as an apprentice, you must first be hired by an employer willing to provide job-site training and be registered as an apprentice through Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
- How to apply for apprenticeship training – see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application process.
To take courses in Open Studies, you must enrol in each course you are interested in.
- Read about how to enrol in Open Studies courses for full instructions.