RPL Appeal Process
If you don’t agree with the results of an advanced credit assessment, you should discuss the matter directly with your Program Leader within 10 business days of receiving the decision.
Complete the top part of the Advanced Credit Appeal Request Form (pdf), and the Program Leader will review the assessment with you within 10 business days. There is no fee required for this review.
If you are not satisfied with the result of this informal appeal, you can follow the formal appeal process below. Please note that you must complete an informal appeal before beginning the formal appeal process.
Formal Appeal Process
- Provide reasons for your formal appeal under Step 2 of the appeal request form, attaching any necessary additional details.
- Submit the formal request within 10 business days of receiving the informal appeal decision by bringing the appeal request form to the Student Service Centre. Pay the $35 processing fee. Please note: A $1.75% non-refundable convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments. For additional methods of payment, please visit Tuition & Fees.
- The Student Service Centre will forward the appeal request form with the cashier’s stamp to the Registrar’s Office.
- The Registrar’s Office will refer the request to the appropriate Dean.
- The Dean will review the appeal and inform the Registrar’s Office of the decision within 21 business days of receiving the request. You will receive a copy of the Advanced Credit Appeal Request form with the final decision noted. The decision of the Dean is final.
- If your appeal is successful, your student record will be updated and you will be refunded the $35 appeal fee.