Canada Job Grant
Canadian businesses can get up to two-thirds of their employee training costs covered through the Canada Job Grant. The grant is available to businesses in all sectors. Applications must be made by the employer. Individuals who are interested in the program must ask their employer to apply for training.
Please note: if you're unemployed and live in Alberta, the Canada Job Grant will now cover training costs for eligible unemployed hires up to $15,000. Please see the Canada-Alberta Job Grant webpage for more information.
To qualify for funding, training must
- be 21 hours and over in length
- be completed within one year of the program start date
- be provided by a third party
- not replace prior training investments
- result in a record of completion, a mark, a certificate or an industry-recognized credential
Training can be done online, on-site and in the classroom. Classes can be part-time or full-time.
Canada Job Grant Information
For more information on the Canada Job Grant and how employers can apply, select a province or territory from the list below.
- British Columbia
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- New Brunswick
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
How to apply
Application forms, instructions and frequently asked questions are available on the Alberta-Canada website.