CFOT100 - Fiber Optics Certification
This course involves a combination of theory and hands-on training. Students will focus on the practical aspects of working with fiber optic cables, including connectorization, fusion splicing and testing. A wide range of topics will be covered, such as the different types of fiber and cables, how to specify fiber optic cable and sources of loss in fiber. Examples of additional topics include:
• Fiber optic installation safety
• Types of fiber optic connectors, tools and splicers
• Fiber cable hardware
• Numerical aperture, bandwidth, attenuation
• Mechanical splicing, joining fiber, fusing, cleaving and scribing
• Guidelines for fiber optic designs and installations
• Cable installation and loss budget analysis
• Fiber optic cable pulling
• Test equipment and fiber optic testing
This course is designed for individuals who wish to increase their knowledge and gain hands-on skills in fiber optics technology in preparation for writing the Fiber Optics Association exam. The FOA exam is administered on the last day of the course, and a mark of 70% is required to pass.
Recommended: Some prior knowledge of cabling, data transmission and electronics would be helpful. For safety reasons, students must supply their own safety glasses.
Register now by selecting one of the available sections:
|25530||A02||Mar 19 to 23, 2018||Day||$1375.00||Add To Waitlist|
|25531||A03||Apr 23 to 27, 2018||Day||$1375.00||Add To Cart|