Learn about NAIT, your program and life on campus by attending one of our 3 different student orientations.
- New Student Orientation
- Program-specific orientations
- International and Newcomer Student Orientation
At New Student Orientation you will be able to
- buy books and get your ID card and U-Pass (bus pass)
- attend short break-out sessions on helpful subjects like managing your money, good study skills and what to do on campus
- go on a campus tour – check out all the perfect study spaces and eating places
- learn tips and tricks to make your time at NAIT a success
- meet other first-year students and connect with the NAIT community
- get need-to-know information about NAIT – the student services and supports available to you
- join a NAIT Student Association (NAITSA) club
- enjoy free beverages and snacks.
Our registration for New Student Orientation is now closed. If you still wish to attend the orientation, you can arrive at 8:30 a.m. at the Centre for Applied Technology building, 2nd floor information table and we will assist you. Please note that this is separate from your program specific orientation.
In addition to the New Student Orientation session that all students attend, you can connect with your program to receive information on program-specific orientations. You'll get a chance to connect with your instructors and fellow students and get a feel for classroom locations. Check with your program to learn more about these.
Although a listing of programs that have orientation on the afternoon of January 3 will be posted at various locations on campus for your convenience, you may still want to contact your program for more information.
It's important to also attend the New Student Orientation because you'll get different information and resources at each event.
International and Newcomer Student Orientation
If you're an international student, NAIT offers an International and Newcomer Student Orientation just for you.
Continuing Education Students
If you're taking continuing education or non-credit courses and programs, New Student Orientation is also for you.