At JR Shaw School of Business, every term of your studies includes learning from those with industry experience and being immersed in real-world training that is sought by employers.
Common first year
"In business you go over 6 streams in the first year – Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Human Resources, Management and Marketing and then you pick what you want to go into. Six for 1 seemed like a really good deal.”
- Justin Nand, Bachelor of Business Administration – emphasis in Accounting
School of Business students share a common first year in our degree or diploma programs. This provides an opportunity to experience 6 different areas of focus: Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Human Resources Management, Management, and Marketing. There are a multitude of career pathways under each emphasis.
There are many additional benefits to studying business at NAIT including
- majority of classes have between 20 and 60 students so our instructors get to know your goals
- more than 100 full-time instructors, allowing for more opportunity to interact with faculty
- instructors bring their industry experience to the classroom
- technology-based, hands-on learning curriculum that focuses on real-world business situations and authentic assessment
Degrees and diplomas
- Baccalaureate and applied degrees - students can start the Bachelor of Business Administration in their first year of studies or apply after completing a business diploma from NAIT or another recognized institution. All degrees are 4-year programs to equip you with the essential skills necessary for a professional business career.
- Diplomas in Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Hospitality Management, Human Resources Management, Management and Marketing provide students with the business theory and hands-on experience to help you build their skills.
- NAIT is a leader among post-secondaries in North America in offering a trades to degree pathway that allows students with a variety of credentials to enter their third year of business degree studies. We also offer a customized Business for Journeymen Management Diploma that provides experienced journeymen with the management skills they need to start a company or assume greater responsibility in their current work environment. In addition, students with Computer Engineering and Digital Media and IT diplomas are eligible to enter year 3 of the BBA. To learn more about any of these options, please contact the Business Information Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.471.8998.
We understand students have different demands on their time. That’s why you can earn your degree or diploma as a full-time or part-time student. You can earn a degree or diploma online. We also offer day and evening courses.
Open Studies is a flexible option that allows students to take NAIT credit courses without registering in a specific program.
Self-enrolment for accepted students opens in May for the upcoming Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions. Please register early as many sections fill quickly.
Are you a mature student with business experience? You may qualify for credit towards your degree or diploma through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition.
If you need assistance, information or have questions, please contact The Business Information Centre by email email@example.com, or phone 780.471.8998.