Employers seek JR Shaw School of Business graduates for their adaptability, flexibility, hands-on experience and general knowledge of accounting, finance, human resource management, management and marketing principles. This makes our diplomas a strong start to your professional career. All are recognized by a variety of industry accreditation bodies.
Business Administration Diplomas
Business Administration diplomas are 2-year programs. All students take a common first year that provides a grounding in business disciplines and enables them to explore a diverse set of rewarding professional career pathways.
After the first year, students choose a specialization:
- Accounting provides a strong working knowledge of accounting and information systems, and the accountant's role in those systems.
- Finance provides a solid skill set in financial planning and wealth management, including banking and credit management.
- Human Resource Management focuses on the attraction, retention and development of the people within organizations.
- Management provides 2 streams:
- General Management is for people who aspire to leadership roles in business in which they can guide staff, make decisions and accept responsibility for those decisions.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation is for people who want to start their own company, purchase an existing business or franchise, or take over the family business.
- Marketing provides 2 streams:
- Strategic Sales focuses on the art of selling, including planning, prospecting and sales administration.
- Advertising and Promotions focuses on integrated marketing communications, including developing and evaluating promotional plans.
Hospitality Management Diploma
JR Shaw School of Business also offers a 2-year Hospitality Management program that provides students with the skills that are essential to careers in the hospitality industry. Students gain experience in areas such as food and beverage, catering and front-desk operations.
Business for Journeymen Management Diploma
JR Shaw School of Business also offers a customized Business for Journeymen Management Diploma that provides experienced journeymen with the management skills they need to start a company or take on greater responsibilities in their current work environment.
Expanding your education
If you have a business diploma in one discipline and wish to obtain a second diploma, you must complete a minimum of 6 courses from Year 2 in the second diploma. These courses must include all core courses and electives in the second diploma.
Graduates of diploma programs can also pursue a degree in any emphasis offered by the School of Business.