Employers seek JR Shaw School of Business graduates for their adaptability, flexibility, hands-on experience and general knowledge of accounting, finance, human resource management, management and marketing principles. This makes our diplomas a strong start to your professional career. All are recognized by a variety of industry accreditation bodies.
Business Administration Diplomas
Business Administration diplomas are 2-year programs. All students take a common first year that provides a grounding in business disciplines and enables them to explore a diverse set of rewarding professional career pathways.
After the first year, students choose a specialization
- Accounting provides a strong working knowledge of accounting and information systems, and the accountant's role in those systems.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation is for people who want to start their own company, purchase an existing business or franchise, or innovate within an organization.
- Finance provides a solid skill set in financial planning and wealth management, including banking and credit management.
- Human Resource Management focuses on the attraction, retention and development of the people within organizations.
- Management is for people who aspire to leadership roles in business in which they can guide staff, make decisions and accept responsibility for those decisions
- Marketing provides 2 streams
- Strategic Sales focuses on the art of selling, including planning, prospecting and sales administration.
- Advertising and Promotions focuses on integrated marketing communications, including developing and evaluating promotional plans.
Hospitality Management Diploma
JR Shaw School of Business offers a 2-year Hospitality Management program that provides students with the skills essential to careers in the hospitality industry. Students gain experience in areas such as food and beverage, catering and front-desk operations.
Business for Journeyperson Management Diploma
JR Shaw School of Business also offers a customized Business for Journeyperson Management Diploma that provides experienced trades professionals with the management skills to start a company or take on greater responsibilities in their current work environment.
Expanding your education
Graduates of diploma programs can also pursue a degree in any emphasis offered by the School of Business.