Employers seek JR Shaw School of Business graduates for their adaptability, flexibility, hands-on experience and general knowledge of accounting, finance, human resource management, management and marketing principles. This makes our diplomas a strong start to your professional career. All are recognized by a variety of industry accreditation bodies.
Business Administration Diplomas
Business Administration diplomas are 2-year programs. All students take a common first year that provides a grounding in business disciplines and enables them to explore a diverse set of rewarding professional career pathways.
After the first year, students choose a specialization:
- Accounting provides a strong working knowledge of accounting and information systems, and the accountant's role in those systems.
- Finance provides a solid skill set in financial planning and wealth management, including banking and credit management.
- Human Resource Management focuses on the attraction, retention and development of the people within organizations.
- Management provides 2 streams:
- General Management is for people who aspire to leadership roles in business in which they can guide staff, make decisions and accept responsibility for those decisions.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation is for people who want to start their own company, purchase an existing business or franchise, or take over the family business.
- Marketing provides 2 streams:
- Strategic Sales focuses on the art of selling, including planning, prospecting and sales administration.
- Advertising and Promotions focuses on integrated marketing communications, including developing and evaluating promotional plans.
Business for Journeymen Management Diploma
JR Shaw School of Business also offers a customized Business for Journeymen Management Diploma that provides experienced journeymen with the management skills they need to start a company or take on greater responsibilities in their current work environment.
Expanding your education
If you have a business diploma in one discipline and wish to obtain a second diploma, you must complete a minimum of 6 courses from Year 2 in the second diploma. These courses must include all core courses and electives in the second diploma.
Graduates of diploma programs can also pursue a degree in any emphasis offered by the School of Business.