What to Expect
The program is also built around traditional business subjects such as business communications, accounting and organizational behaviour. Courses are delivered through lab and lecture formats beginning with supervisory skill development and progressing toward more complex management functions.
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend, on average:
- 30 hours per week attending classes over the course of a semester.
- 10 to 20 hours per week studying and completing class assignments.
The Hokanson Centre for Culinary Arts is the heart of NAIT's Hospitality Management program. The centre's state-of-the-art labs and Ernest's Dining Room give Culinary Arts students hands-on experience in contemporary cooking and fine dining.
Labs have industry-approved food and beverage service equipment and front-desk operating systems. Students receive hands-on experience in Ernest's, our critically acclaimed fine-dining restaurant.
Skills you will acquire
The Hospitality Management program provides training and skill development in:
- business communications
- food and beverage service
- banquets and catering service
- operations management
- front-desk principles and procedures
- hospitality law
- supervisory principles and procedures
- organizational behaviour
- computer applications
- introduction to marketing
- introduction to accounting
- general tourism knowledge
As a student in the School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts, you’ll get more than just a great hands-on education. There are opportunities to get involved with the school and the community, or even put your skills to work on international trips. Learn more about the student experience through the following links.
- Club Five Star – Club Five Star is a community service club for Hospitality Management students. Members strengthen their service and leadership skills and build relationships within the NAIT and Edmonton communities.
- International Exchange Program – NAIT currently has exchange agreements with 3 international hotel and hospitality schools.
- Video galleries – learn from our instructors, alumni and students and see what the School of Hospitality has to offer.
- Photo galleries – see photos from our recent events.