How does Welding Distance Delivery work?
The Welding Distance Delivery option is an alternative method of acquiring the theoretical knowledge and practical skills for all 3 periods of technical apprenticeship training for the welder trade.
This training is approved by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) and is administered by NAIT. Welding Distance Delivery is an option available to all eligible Alberta welder apprentices.
Each apprentice signs an agreement for a maximum 6-month period for each apprenticeship year. Students can complete a training period sooner if they are motivated. The Distance Delivery option is ideal for apprentices who are unable to register for the traditional apprenticeship intake or class for various reasons, such as distance to travel, financial reasons, family or employment commitments.
Distance Delivery is flexibleThe flexibility of distance delivery offers several benefits to apprentices.
- You can train at your own pace.
- There is no disruption of income.
- Testing usually takes 2 to 3 days.
Employer training benefitsThe employer may also benefit in the following ways.
- There is a reduced disruption to workforce scheduling.
- There is a reduction in training costs.
- You will notice improved workforce productivity.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org