What to Expect
Students can take up to three courses per semester.
- The fall and winter semesters are 15 weeks long, with day, evening and distance options available.
- The online courses are a blended delivery. Students complete the modules at home and write all scheduled assessments at NAIT on the scheduled evening.Students are required to attend the first class and any other selected classes at the instructor's discretion.
- The spring semester is 12 weeks long, with limited course offerings during the day only.
- Any student with Applied Math 10, Math 14, 24, Math 10-3, 20-3 or 30-3 must begin at Math 10C.
- Math 20T is a transitional course for students who have been out of school for more that 6 years and need to refresh their skills or who have completed Applied Math 30.
- Science 14 and 24 are not considered to be academic level courses and cannot be used as prerequisites for any grade 11 or 12 science courses.
- Students who are unsure of their academic levels or cannot provide high school transcripts have the option to complete the Academic Upgrading Placement Tests.
Is This Program For You?
If you would like to pursue post-secondary studies but do not meet the entrance requirements to enter the program of your choice, Academic Upgrading at NAIT is a good choice.
Equivalency testing for selected subjects is available. Equivalency test results may be used for admissions for all NAIT programs.