Silicon Valley is seen as the most influential technology ecosystem on the planet. Startup founders from all over the world flock there to validate a problem they are trying to solve with the hopes of securing capital to launch and scale. There is much to learn from the people and ecosystem in Silicon Valley, but it’s also not for everyone. Join us in conversation with Joanne Fedeyko, Founder & CEO @ Connection Silicon Valley, where we will discuss the following topics:
- Is Silicon Valley right for my business?
- When is the right time to build a network in Silicon Valley?
- What are common and critical mistakes Canadian companies make when pitching to Silicon Valley investors?
- What are Silicon Valley investors looking for - what impresses them - how do you market to them?
- What conferences, programs, events or other opportunities exist when Canadian startups are looking to make a trip to the Valley?
Joanne Fedeyko is the Founder & CEO of Connection Silicon Valley, an organization that helps Canadian companies collaborate, connect, innovate, and partner with Silicon Valley's world-renowned technology ecosystem via programs, events and customized advisory. One of CSV’s signature programs help connect Canadian women-led startups to Silicon Valley's influential network to help them grow and scale. Joanne manages theBoardlist in Canada, a curated talent marketplace that connects highly qualified female candidates to global board opportunities. Joanne is a native Albertan and has lived in Silicon Valley for 20 years.
This event will be hosted virtually via webinar. Bring your own lunch!