Who does this apply to?
Students in credit programs and courses, including
- new students
- continuing students
- students in Open Studies
Who doesn’t this apply to?
Students in non-credit programs and courses, as well as
- students in the Building Environmental Systems Technology program (Note: For the Winter 2017 intake you will be automatically enrolled into your courses and do not need to enroll online. For the Fall 2017 Term forward, you will be able to self-enroll.)
What is it?
Students in credit programs are required to self-enrol in courses. This allows you to design your own schedule and find your perfect fit.
Is there a deadline?
Yes, there is a deadline to enrol in courses. If you don’t enrol in your classes by the deadline, your admission will be cancelled and you will lose your seat in your program. Cancelled admissions will not be reactivated. New students will need to reapply (including paying the program application fee), and continuing students will need to complete a readmit process.
Some course sections fill up quickly. Therefore, it’s a good idea to enrol in your chosen course sections as soon as possible to improve your chances of getting the course sections that work best for you.
- Enrolment for the 2016/17 academic year opened in early May 2016.
- Enrolment for the 2017/18 academic year opens in May 2017. Continue to monitor your myNAIT Portal for your enrolment appointment.
How does it work?
- Check your MyNAIT Portal for your offer of admission e-letter.
- Pay your tuition deposit.
- After paying your tuition deposit, you will receive an e-letter to confirm you have accepted NAIT’s offer of admission. This letter will be available on your MyNAIT Portal.
- Enrol in courses as soon as possible. Refer to the Online Enrolment Walkthrough Guide (pdf) or Enrolment Walkthrough videos below.
Important things to know
- If you have paid your tuition deposit before online enrolment for your program begins, you will receive an enrolment date. Please plan to enrol in your courses on this date. (This usually applies to students who pay their tuition deposit before May.)
- If you have paid your tuition deposit after enrolment has opened for your program, you will be able to enrol in courses 24 hours after your tuition deposit is paid. (This usually applies to students who pay their tuition deposit after May.)
- It's a good idea to enrol in courses for both the Fall and Winter terms at the same time. You’ll be able to make changes to your schedule up until the add/drop deadline.
Enrolment Walkthrough Videos
Enrolment walkthrough videos are available online. These videos will walk you through: