Helping Aboriginal students learn and succeed
Nîsôhkamâtotân [Nee-so-ka-ma-to-tan] is a Cree word meaning “let’s help each other”. The Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre is a place where culture and tradition are welcomed, shared and celebrated.
Here, Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal staff and students can gather to network, study and share their post-secondary learning experiences and learn from each other by
- creating a welcoming and inclusive community
- providing tools to empower everyone in the NAIT community
- honouring the traditional ways of knowing and teaching
- strengthening our institution through Aboriginal knowledge and ways of knowing
- drawing strength from Aboriginal communities
How you can support
Your support is deeply appreciated by the NAIT community.
Donations to the Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre will go directly to events, programming and services for staff, students and the community throughout the year:
- Aboriginal cultural events, such as Aboriginal Culture Day and Bannock-fest
- Prospective Aboriginal Youth (PAY) Program hosts Aboriginal youth from Edmonton metro, First Nations and Métis to share what NAIT has to offer them as a prospective student
- Student learning supports, such as printing, learning resources, transit tickets and other miscellaneous costs that help students during their studies so they can succeed in their learning
"I am forever grateful for the impact the centre has had on my life and now I do for others as the centre has done for me. kinanâskomitin ᑭᓇᓈᐢᑯᒥᑎᐣ – thank you, I am grateful to you.”
- Dawn Lameman (Bachelor of Business Administration '16), Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre Support
100% of your gift makes a difference
Every dollar you donate will go directly to supporting Aboriginal student success. You can make a one-time or monthly gift online, or get in touch with our team to find a giving solution that fits your financial situation.
Give online Contact us