1. Course Overview
Effective IT governance is acknowledged as the strategic lever in all successful organizations for ensuring that the use of information technology supports and enables the achievement of their strategies and corporate objectives.
CCTB311 is a two-day classroom comprehensive introductory level training designed for individuals whose role requires them to have a high-level understanding of the business-critical subject of IT Governance and for those stakeholders who are unsure of what governance of IT is or how relevant it is to their business.
This course addresses the COBIT 5 IT Governance framework, governance standards and methodologies in use. It provides insight to the critical factors that should be in place for a successful implementation.
2. Who Should Attend?
- Business and IT personnel including CIOs, Project Directors, Program Managers, Project Managers and Business Analysts involved in the planning, implementation or operation of IT Governance processes
- Internal or external consulting staff, helping an organization plan for or implement an IT Governance initiative
- Internal audit staff that will be responsible for examining or reviewing IT Governance processes
- Business Managers who wish to learn more about IT Governance issues
- Students enrolled in Masters level programs in Business Administration, IT or Project Management.
- Practitioners and professionals in Governance, Accounting, Finance, Audit, Risk Management, Project Management, Business Analysis and Change Management looking to earn professional development credits for the maintenance of their professional designations.
3. Suggested Textbook (optional)
You are encouraged to purchase the book "CGEIT Review Manual 2015" and bring it with you to the course. You may obtain this book directly from ISACA at this link (you may have to log into the site first): https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Product_code=CGM15