Funding and Financial Aid
Cost and fees
Going abroad currently includes additional costs that can range between $1,000 to $7,000 depending on the type of study abroad opportunity and length of your experience.
However, there are several funding options available. Since you remain a NAIT student while abroad, you may be eligible for Alberta Student Aid as a full-time student.
Alberta Student Aid
Because you remain a NAIT student while abroad, you maybe be eligible for Alberta Student Aid as a full-time student.
Global Experience Award
- $500 per student
- To be eligible for funding, students must:
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- be enrolled full-time (taking at least 60% of a full course load – 9 credits)
- be in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
- be a participant of an instructor-led field school
Global Skills Opportunity