Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
If you have been accepted to one of the programs listed below, you will need to pay a $150 evaluation fee for each course challenged to have your prior learning assessed. Please check the candidate guide on your program web page to identify which courses are formalized for PLAR credit.
Applying for PLAR Credit
- Access the program page and review the details under the PLAR (Prior Learning and Assessment Recognition) section.
- To view which courses are available for PLAR Credit, please refer to the courses identified or listed within the Candidate Guide on your Program webpage.
- If you feel that you have successful work experience in the program’s field of study, and you can provide evidence of your skills and knowledge to meet the learning outcomes of the course, please contact your Program area for further discussion and to schedule a meeting to begin the PLAR process.
- If the Program Designate feels that you are a successful candidate for PLAR, you will complete the PLAR Credit Request form at this meeting.
- After completion, you must take this form and pay the evaluation fee to the Student Service Centre. Please note: A $1.75% non-refundable convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments. For additional methods of payment, please visit Tuition & Fees.
- Once paid, please submit your PLAR Credit Request form with all required documents, as discussed at your meeting, to your program designate. Include proof of payment if the form is not stamped showing that it has been paid.
- Your request will be reviewed within 6-weeks of the request package being received. You will then be notified via email to check the credit granted on your Student Portal. You may need to participate in the review/assessment process as outlined by your Program Designate. Once you have received a decision, please review your transcript for credit awarded and drop out of your course before the Add/Drop Deadline
- You are encouraged to enrol in your classes to secure your spot while you are awaiting a decision.