The External Relations team’s mandate is to establish, maintain and strengthen NAIT’s relationships with government, business and industry, donors, alumni, community organizations, media, and students to meet private and public sector applied education needs in a competitive marketplace.
External Relations is responsible for Advancement, Marketing and Communications, Government Relations, Continuing Education, and Corporate and International Training. This includes:
- Fostering relationships with donors and alumni, and developing strategies and tactics to inspire engagement and investment in NAIT.
- Developing and fostering strong media partnerships that help to amplify and elevate NAIT’s polytechnic mandate.
- Overseeing and stewarding NAIT’s brand to all external and internal audiences.
- Working with colleagues across the institute to develop and execute marketing and communications plans that are effective and coordinated and that consistently reflect NAIT’s brand.
- Creating meaningful relationships and engagement with all levels of government.
- Developing business opportunities to offer specialized, non-credit educational services and products to local and international businesses and governments.
- Planning and delivering non-credit courses through Continuing Education.