Project Management skills are in constant demand regardless of industry. These skills allow you to organize your work, make plans, track where you have been, and look for trends. Keeping your efforts on schedule, on budget, and most importantly, within the satisfaction of your customers and stakeholders can be both challenging and rewarding work.
The Project Management for Information Technology Professional Development Certificate Program at NAIT helps you better understand team dynamics and its impact on projects. You will be introduced to project management tools and techniques that will assist your personal and professional development in order to bring continuous improvement to your projects and organization.
This program aligns with the methodologies and practices described in the latest version of “A guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge” (PMBoK®) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Hands on, industry-relevant skills
Through this program, you will learn how to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close out the work of a team to achieve specific outcomes.
Among the wide range of skills and knowledge you will gain, you can expect to learn:
- Essential processes, terminology and elements of project management
- Strategies and sophisticated techniques used in project management
- Elements of the project life cycle
- How to develop a project charter
- How to use various project management tools
- Risk and quality management
- Team-building and leadership skills
- Case studies related to information technology projects
- Instructors will have extensive information technology project management backgrounds
In addition to the core Project Management for Information Technology Certificate, you will earn workforce-ready certificates in: Canadian Workplace Culture, Office Technology Certificate, Conflict Resolution & Negotiation, as well as take courses in Agile & Scrum, Effective Leadership Practices, and Team Building and Dynamics.
Learn more about NAIT and studying in Edmonton