Welcome to the new NAIT.ca! We encourage you to explore the site and provide your feedback.

Immigration & Visa Requirements

If you are a legal resident, living in one of these countries: China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal or Vietnam, you have the option to apply for your study permit through Student Direct Stream (SDS) program. Please read about the requirements and instructions from the Government of Canada website if you are planning to apply through this program.

International students who study for more than six months will need a study permit. Many can work while they study. In many instances, post-graduation work experiences enable international students to become eligible to apply for various permanent residence programs.

For complete information about your immigration options, please visit Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

How to apply for your first study or work permit

For Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa or a Study Permit (or both)) information, please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)

Although your NAIT program or occupation may not be on the eligible program or occupation list, you may still be eligible to apply for permanent residency through the AINP’s Express Entry stream, or through the federal government’s Federal Skilled Worker or Canadian Experience Class Program.

Find out more about AINP

Looking for more information?

We're happy to help answer your questions.   Feel free to email internationalcentre@nait.ca  if you have any specific questions. We also recommend you check out the Government of Canada's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship page for all up to date information.