This course builds on the knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) routing and local area network (LAN) switching fundamentals you gained in previous courses. Explore the other interior gateway protocols (IGPs), as well as the exterior gateway protocol and its purpose. Other topics include:
- designing and troubleshooting IP address schemes
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- implementing and verifying RIP, EIGRP and OSPF
- understanding the Intermediate System-Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing protocol
- demonstrating the foundation concepts of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) protocol
- understanding the similarities of and differences between Layer3 switching and a multilayer switch (MLS)
Recommended: CCTM103 IP Routing Fundamentals and CCTM203 LAN Switching Fundamentals.