This must-have course teaches you to recognize the parts of the screen and to navigate Windows easily. You will learn to:
- become familiar with Microsoft Windows terminology
- identify all components of a window
- understand file management and creating folders
- save files so you can find them again
- use a variety of accessories that are included with Microsoft Windows
- customize your desktop through the taskbar and control panel
- install and uninstall software
- discover the new features of the latest release of Microsoft Windows
Recommended: Familiarity with the keyboard layout and proficiency with mouse techniques are essential.
For online delivery, students will require a computer with the following:
- Windows 10 as its operating system
- Internet access
- A camera for online meetings
- A microphone is recommended but the meeting audio can be accessed using a phone, if a microphone is not available.
NAIT currently uses WebEx as its online delivery software. Prior to the course, please download WebEx onto your computer. To download Webex, go to https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/. At least a day prior to the start of a course, you will receive an email with details on how to join the meeting.