The fourth course in the series of the Applied Bookkeeping Certificate program is for those who wish to advance their knowledge and skills in manual bookkeeping practices. It is intended for students who wish to explore the advanced concepts of, and procedures utilized in, full-cycle bookkeeping. Students will also be required to complete a final project (case study) which will assess participant’s ability to properly perform typical manual bookkeeping tasks.
Topics covered include:
- processing payroll applying various income options
- overview of typical payroll processing errors
- examining Payroll Remittances for errors
- processing entries required to adjust inventory values and quantities
- proper handling of Prepaid Expenses
- processing Year-End (i.e. Amortization, Schedules and proper closing of a period)
Students are required to supply their own calculator.