Hands-on, industry-relevant skills
Chemical Engineering Technology is a 2-year diploma program that consists of four 15-week semesters.
In year one, you'll develop foundational knowledge and skills around oil and gas processing techniques, safety and computer applications. You'll also brush up and grow your math, physics, statistics and calculus abilities.
In the second year of the program you'll complete a 5-day training program at the world-class Energy Safety Canada Oil and Gas Production facilities in Nisku. You'll develop a real-world understanding of process theory while optimizing and troubleshooting working process equipment.
Throughout the program you can expect to learn to:
- Apply health and safety environmental practices
- Operate and troubleshoot process equipment
- Specify and size piping systems
- Interpret and adjust instrumentation and control systems
- Communicate effectively using written and oral skills and/or software applications
- Model professionalism in industry environments
Between years 1 and 2, you'll be assigned to a 3-week industry placement with a refinery, government agency or exploration and production (E&P), pipeline or oilfield service company.