How to apply for Transfer Credit
Once you have been accepted into a NAIT Credit program, you are eligible to apply for Transfer Credit. Please follow the below steps to avoid any delay in the assessment review or posting of transfer credits:
- Visit your program webpage and select the Courses menu to view all the courses in the program
- Click on each course to view the course outline
- Review the relevant course outlines and identify the courses for which you believe you could successfully receive credit.
- Gather documents you may need, such as:
- Official Transcripts (if not already submitted to NAIT)
- Course outlines/syllabuses
- Learning Outcomes
- IQAS or NAIT Foreign Document Assessment (if not already submitted to NAIT)
- Other relevant documents
*Please ensure that all of the above documents submitted are in English.
- Fill out the Transfer Credit Request form and pay the $75 evaluation fee to the Student Service Centre (please see fees for further information). Please note: A $1.75% non-refundable convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments. For additional methods of payment, please visit Tuition & Fees.
- Once paid, please submit your Transfer Credit Request form with all required documents to your program designate. Include proof of payment if your form is not stamped indicating payment received. (Please note: There is no current fee for internal transfer credit review)
- Your request will be reviewed within 6-weeks of the request package being received. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified via email to check the credit granted on your Student Portal. Please review your unofficial transcript for credit awarded and drop out of courses before the Add/Drop Deadline.
- You are encouraged to enrol in your classes to secure your spot while you are awaiting a decision.
NAIT transfer credit guidelines
Before submitting a transfer request form, you must have been accepted into a NAIT credit program and paid the non-refundable tuition deposit. You should enrol in the courses you want to receive credit for until you receive official confirmation that credit has been received.
- Credit is granted per course – partial credit will not be granted.
- Credit granted will not exceed that of the NAIT course credit.
- The curriculum of the original course must be a minimum of an 80% match to NAIT course outcomes.