This fast-paced three day course covering fundamental and intermediate Tableau topics. This course provides comprehensive Tableau training for students who thrive in a swiftly moving class and prefer to come up to speed on new technology quickly. Desktop I & II: Accelerated teaches concepts, techniques, and shortcuts to create Tableau data visualization competency in the shortest amount of time possible.
Prerequisites: While there are no pre-requisites for this course, the rapid pace of this class favors those students who learn new concepts quickly, or have previous experience with data analysis and business intelligence.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Prep your data for analysis
- Combine data sources using data blending
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks