In this course, the participants will learn the fundamentals of a Siemens PLC and be provided with a brief introduction to their applications in industry. Participants will be introduced to one of the Siemens Step 7-1500 CPUs. Students will be introduced to the Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Portal software and will learn different features of TIA Portal such as hardware configuration, basic elements of a control program i.e. Organization Blocks (OBs), Functions (FCs), Function Blocks (FBs), and basic tools such as timers, counters, etc. in order to develop logic in Ladder Diagrams.
Upon successful completion of this course the participant should be able to:
1. Identify and describe the soft and hard components of a Siemens PLC.
2. Identify the controller hardware.
3. Monitor program blocks.
4. Download and upload to a Siemens PLC.
5. Demonstrate how to use the TIA portal.
6. Program Ladder Logic using TIA portal.
This course is not currently scheduled. Please contact us at 780.378.6990 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about future offerings of this course.