Course registration will be unavailable on Saturday, December 14 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST for a scheduled system upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The location where your NAIT courses will be held.
The type of certification (degree, diploma, certificate) you will earn after completing your program.
- Degree - NAIT offers a number of business degrees and applied science and technology degrees accredited by Alberta Advanced Education.
Applied degree programs offer a stronger emphasis on practical applications of the concepts learned in the classroom
- Diplomas & Certificates - These credit programs take 1 or 2 years and lead to government approved and industry-recognized credentials.
- Journeyman Certificate - Hands-on and expert-led apprenticeship and industry training for skilled trades and technology professionals.
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit - NAIT offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. These options are great for people who may be working but are interested in studying as well.
The flexible schedule options for this course including time of day and full/part-time.
- Day - Courses taking place between Monday - Friday, before 5 PM.
- Evening/Weekend - Courses taking place on weekdays from 5 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
- Online - Sometimes called "Home Study" or "Computer-Based Learning"
- Blended - A combination of online and in-class components.
- Distance - Traditional correspondence format. These courses work best if you can't get to a campus or if your schedule can't accommodate fixed class times
Interested in a career that allows you to interact with healthcare professionals within a medical office setting? NAIT's Medical Office Administrator certificate will introduce students to a variety of courses that will prepare them to pursue a career as a Medical Office Administrator. This certificate will expose students to Healthcare courses required to understand the medical environment, Business courses that will allow them to thrive in an office setting, and Computer courses that will help build new skills or strengthen existing ones.
To complete the Medical Office Administrator certificate, students will be required to complete 80 hours of healthcare electives, 50 hours of Business electives and 56 hours of Computer electives from the list provided.