Course registration will be unavailable on Saturday, December 14 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST for a scheduled system upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The location where your NAIT courses will be held.
The type of certification (degree, diploma, certificate) you will earn after completing your program.
- Degree - NAIT offers a number of business degrees and applied science and technology degrees accredited by Alberta Advanced Education.
Applied degree programs offer a stronger emphasis on practical applications of the concepts learned in the classroom
- Diplomas & Certificates - These credit programs take 1 or 2 years and lead to government approved and industry-recognized credentials.
- Journeyman Certificate - Hands-on and expert-led apprenticeship and industry training for skilled trades and technology professionals.
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit - NAIT offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. These options are great for people who may be working but are interested in studying as well.
The flexible schedule options for this course including time of day and full/part-time.
- Day - Courses taking place between Monday - Friday, before 5 PM.
- Evening/Weekend - Courses taking place on weekdays from 5 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
- Online - Sometimes called "Home Study" or "Computer-Based Learning"
- Blended - A combination of online and in-class components.
- Distance - Traditional correspondence format. These courses work best if you can't get to a campus or if your schedule can't accommodate fixed class times
Learn to develop software programs from the ground up
Certified programming professionals bring huge value to any organization and it is more important than ever to gain recognition for your programming expertise. Develop and hone your programming skills by becoming certified in C and C++.
There are 3 levels of professional certification available to programmers:
- CLA – the C Programming Language Certified Associate proves your ability to accomplish coding tasks related to the basics of programming in C, as well as fundamental programming techniques, customs, and vocabulary, including the most common library functions and the usage of the preprocessor.
- CPA – the C++ Certified Associate Programmer proves your ability to accomplish coding tasks related to the basics of programming in C++ and the fundamental concepts and techniques of object-oriented programming.
- CPP – the C++ Certified Professional Programmer proves your ability to accomplish coding tasks related to more advanced C++ topics such as templates and the Standard Template Library.
The certification exam can be taken at a Pearson VUE Authorized Test Centre.
Related Programs & Courses