Mediation is a structured, interactive process where a neutral, third-party intervenes in a conflict in order to bring the disputing parties to a fair resolution. By using specialized communication and negotiation techniques, you can help conflicting parties reach a peaceful solution in a variety of professional or personal disputes.
In the Mediation Program, you will:
- use techniques for engaging in methodical responses to conflict
- discover and develop your own personal communication style
- study and practice techniques to navigate difficult conversations
- learn the 4-step mediation process
- do a deep dive into advanced mediation topics
Classes will combine traditional study, class discussion, and multiple opportunities to practice your mediation skills through active scenarios for hands-on experience.