This accelerated five weeks hands-on course helps you prepare for a career in information and communication technology. You’ll gain skills and practical knowledge of how computers work, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
The Cisco Networking Academy - IT Essentials curriculum covers the fundamentals and advanced concepts of computers hardware and software, troubleshooting skills, networking, security and IT professional professionalism. Hands-on labs and online virtual learning tools help you develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills. In addition, this course provides a learning pathway to CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA, Cisco Introduction to Internet of Everything and NDG Linux curricula.
The course’s content and labs encompass new technologies and help you prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams, 220-1001 and 220-1002.
- introduction to the personal computer
- lab procedures and tool use
- computer assembly
- preventive maintenance and troubleshooting process
- Windows installation
- Windows configuration and management
- networks concepts
- applied networking
- laptops and mobile devices
- mobile, Linux and OS X operating systems
- IT professional
- advanced troubleshooting
Note: In addition to regular class time, you are expected to devote 4 to 6 hours per week to online readings and assignments. You must have basic Microsoft Windows and Internet user skills and access to a computer with Internet connection to access the online curriculum and assignment.
NAIT PC Service and Support Certificate and Cisco IT Essentials Certificate will be awarded upon completion of this course.
For information on applying for CompTIA A+ certification, visit www.comptia.org.
Filter by Terms:
||Nov. 14 - Dec. 17, 2019
||Tue, Thu, Sat
- Nov. 14 to Dec. 12 - Tuesday, Thursday: 6:00 PM - 9:50 PM
- Nov. 16 to Dec. 14 - Saturday: 8:00 AM - 3:50 PM
- Dec. 17 - Tuesday: 6:00 PM - 9:50 PM
||Mar. 14 - Apr. 16, 2020
||Sat, Tue, Thu
- Mar. 14 to Apr. 11 - Saturday: 8:00 AM - 3:50 PM
- Mar. 17 to Apr. 16 - Tuesday, Thursday: 6:00 PM - 9:50 PM
*Day delivery ranges between 8 AM - 5 PM.
**Evening delivery ranges between 5 PM - 10 PM.