Where it Can Take You
Personal fitness trainer graduates will typically be employed or contracted by private fitness centres or studios, employee fitness centres, public recreation facilities, rehabilitation settings and seniors recreation centres. There are also a variety of self-employment opportunities, as more people contract the services of a personal fitness trainer independently.
What successful grads have to say
Personal and professional development in the fitness industry depends on continuing education. The excellent instruction Amanda Yaggey received while working toward her Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) certificate was incentive to further her education and pursue the PFT diploma.
A childhood obsession to be the strongest man in the world led Mat Park (Class of 2006) to a highly rewarding career training elite athletes – and on a personal quest for a Guinness World Record. Read his story and profile from techlife magazine.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
Graduates of the Personal Fitness Trainer program are eligible for transfer credit to the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management (BTech-TM), NAIT
- Bachelor of Physical Education, University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Health Science, Thompson Rivers University
- Bachelor of Applied Management, University of New Brunswick
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, University of Lethbridge
- Bachelor of Science, Human Science, Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Professional Arts, Human Services, Athabasca University
Personal Trainer Certifications
- Graduates are eligible to take the certified personal trainer (CPT) exams through the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) to become certified as a CSEP-CPT and/or
- The National Strength and Conditioning Association NSCA-CPT and/or
- The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) as a Corrective Exercise Specialist - NASM-CES.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com