The NAIT Home Inspection Certificate, offered in partnership with Carson Dunlop & Associates, prepares you to launch an exciting new career as a provincially licensed professional Home Inspector.
NAIT is offering a 10-course training program that provides the technical skills and expertise necessary to conduct inspection services to prospective residential homebuyers and sellers.
With this new certificate, students will have 6 weeks to complete each course. Each self-paced online course offers easy-to-follow directions. Students will:
○ Have access to a personalized online training portal from Carson Dunlop
○ Learn inspection procedures and perform practical field exercises
○ Have tutor support from NAIT and from Carson Dunlop
○ Gain access to Carson Dunlop's Apprenticeship App Insight
○ Use Carson Dunlop's Horizon Reporting Software
Students do not need a building-related background to become a Home Inspector but must be technically accurate and able to provide professional customer service to clients.
NAIT is an approved educational provider of home inspection training. This Certificate provides the requisite education to apply for a Home Inspector license through the Government of Alberta.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
○ Describe the leading systems and components of a house or housing unit, including roofing, structure, electrical, heating, air conditioning/heat pumps, plumbing, interiors, and exteriors.
○ Understand the function and operational principles of the systems and components in a residential housing unit.
○ Identify common problems, failure modes and the life expectancies of various systems.
○ Understand why problems occur, and the implications when system malfunctions or breaks down.
○ Perform requisite home inspection activities and operational tests to meet industry standards of practice.
○ Describe the home inspection process, communicate inspection findings to the client, and prepare a written report.
For more Information, please contact email@example.com