Course registration will be unavailable on Saturday, December 14 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST for a scheduled system upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The location where your NAIT courses will be held.
The type of certification (degree, diploma, certificate) you will earn after completing your program.
- Degree - NAIT offers a number of business degrees and applied science and technology degrees accredited by Alberta Advanced Education.
Applied degree programs offer a stronger emphasis on practical applications of the concepts learned in the classroom
- Diplomas & Certificates - These credit programs take 1 or 2 years and lead to government approved and industry-recognized credentials.
- Journeyman Certificate - Hands-on and expert-led apprenticeship and industry training for skilled trades and technology professionals.
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit - NAIT offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. These options are great for people who may be working but are interested in studying as well.
The flexible schedule options for this course including time of day and full/part-time.
- Day - Courses taking place between Monday - Friday, before 5 PM.
- Evening/Weekend - Courses taking place on weekdays from 5 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
- Online - Sometimes called "Home Study" or "Computer-Based Learning"
- Blended - A combination of online and in-class components.
- Distance - Traditional correspondence format. These courses work best if you can't get to a campus or if your schedule can't accommodate fixed class times
Explore the rewarding world of woodworking!
Our collection of woodworking courses introduces you to hand and power tool fundamentals, wood finishing, furniture construction and specialized techniques that will take your do-it-yourself project to the next level.
You will learn from seasoned professionals in a fun and supportive atmosphere, in the same woodworking shops used by over 900 carpentry apprentices each year. Through hands-on training and practice, you will feel more comfortable taking charge of household projects and gain confidence in your ability to do things right.
Our woodworking courses have been developed to provide beginner craftspeople with theoretical knowledge that serves as a foundation for future learning. You will develop practical skills through traditional woodworking methods and modern approaches, learning how to operate equipment safely.
Related Programs & Courses