Develop the skills to communicate within a cross-functional team, with peers and with people at all levels of an organization. Explore cross-functional communication dynamics and strategic thinking processes by engaging in various activities and exercises to hone your communication skills. Study the principles and nuances of consulting, and the functional differences between public and private sector organizations. Specific areas of study include:
- role, process and ethics of consultants
- ways to critique a client’s operations effectively and diplomatically
- logical and systematic processes for identifying problems and opportunities
- value for clients of creating tangible deliverables (new methods, processes, systems and services)
- leadership and organization skills for establishing priorities, setting realistic expectations and completing objectives
- differences between public and private sectors at the various stages of project development
Recommended: Work experience in Information Systems (IS).