- Grade 12 English (English 30-1 or 30-2)
- Math 30-1 or 30-2 or Pure Math 30 or Applied Math 30
- Biology 30
- One of: Science 30, Physics 30, Chemistry 30, Math 31, Social Studies 30-1 or a 30-level language other than English.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Online Interview:
- The 1st round of interviews will occur in December for applicants who complete their applications by November 1st.
- The 2nd round of interviews will occur in April for all other shortlisted applicants.
- Please refer to the Online Interview handout for more information
Competitive Entrance Requirements:
Applicants are shortlisted for the interview based on their academic average for the required high school courses. Last year, applicants successful in receiving an interview had a minimum average of 71%.
The following applicants may be given special consideration for the interview shortlist:
- Applicants with prior NAIT Health and Life Sciences credentials
- Applicants who have successfully completed at least one approved Open Studies course in the School of Health and Life Sciences with a minimum of 75%
- Applicants who have completed DENT1110 with a minimum average of 75%
Final selection is based strictly on the interview scores. Applicants who are offered conditional acceptance need to maintain the academic average presented in phase 1 in order to secure final acceptance.
Please refer to the Student Selection Criteria and Process for more information.
Additional Requirements and Considerations
Once accepted into the program, students must ensure their immunizations are current to the Alberta Health Services Immunization Standards. The program will contact you with specific instructions for completing the immunization requirements. If you do not meet the immunization requirements, your work integrated learning experience (clinical training) may be refused by a clinical site, and there may be restrictions to campus lab and clinic experience, which may ultimately impede your progression in the program.
- Health Requirement - Skin Issues
Any prospective students with serious skin disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis or a latex allergy should consider their options carefully before applying to this program. Those with back, arm or neck problems, issues with mobility or significant health challenges are advised to consult with the Program Chair. As well, students are required to be patients for peers in a clinical setting: official documentation from a physician or dentist must be presented if a student is unable to be a patient.
- Computer Literacy - Basic
Basic computer literacy is required for a successful progression in this course. This comprises, but is not limited to, possessing fluency in basic word processing, spreadsheet creation, and an understanding of email and web best practices.
- First Aid – PRIOR TO ENTERING PROGRAM
CPR-C (Basic Life Support - BLS) - Students must provide evidence of current BLS certification for entry into the program and remain current throughout clinical training. One of the following courses or certifications can be used to meet this requirement: + NAIT CPRS100 - Basic Life Support + NAIT CPRS500 - Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C. + Canadian Ski Patrol (CPR-C) + Heart & Stroke Foundation (BLS for HCP (C), BLS, CPR C) + Lifesaving Society (CPR-C) + Red Cross (CPR-C or HCP) + St. John Ambulance (CPR-C or HCP).
- Program Exploration Activities:
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following activities to ensure an understanding of the Denturist Technology program and profession:
- Review the program website
- Attend Open House
- Attend Program Preview
- Complete clinical site visits
Prospective students interested in determining if the Denturist Technology program is a good fit for them may enrol in DENT1110 Removable Prosthodontics: Introductory Laboratory Skills via Open Studies. In this course, students learn common laboratory procedures for the fabrication of both complete and partial removable dentures, and become familiar with the materials and instruments used in a denturist laboratory.