Information for international students
Some NAIT programs are unavailable to international students because they do not meet eligibility for a study permit or Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
This program is delivered in a different format for students beginning in the winter and spring terms than it is delivered for student beginning in the fall term.
Fall (September) terms
Study Permit: The fall intake programming is delivered in a way that meets the criteria for a study permit.
Post-Graduation Work Permit: Graduates of the fall intake program may qualify for a PGWP so long as they maintain their personal eligibility.
Winter and spring terms
Study Permit: The Winter and Spring intake programming is delivered through distance learning and therefore does not meet the criteria for a study permit.
Post-Graduation Work Permit: The winter and spring intake programming is delivered through distance learning and therefore these intakes are not-eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Program. Completion of this program through distance learning will not make you eligible for a PGWP.
International applicants seeking permissions to take this program for the winter or spring terms can contact a NAIT Academic Advisor – International to discuss options.
Only select courses are offered in-class each semester
Demand for this program is high and space for in-class courses is limited. To avoid disappointment apply and submit all required documents early. Qualified students will receive enrolment information through their student portal. If the preference is for in-class courses, students should enrol in classes immediately to ensure a choice of in-class deliveries. Please note for students starting the program in January or May, online courses are only available.
All courses are available online in January, May, and September.
These courses are offered in-class in September only
- ANAT1120 Human Anatomy
- PFTR1121 Foundations for Personal Trainers
- PFTR1122 Applied Movement Mechanics
- PFTR1123 Applied Physiology of Exercise
- PFTR1224 Introduction to Assessment and Counselling
- PFTR2320 Advanced Movement Considerations
- BUSN2421 Marketing for Exercise Professionals
- PFTR2323 Performance Training Strategies
- PFTR2324 Lifespan and Clinical Exercise Considerations I
- PFTR2390 Practicum I
These courses are offered in-class in January only
- PFTR1220 Functional Training and Assessment
- LEAD1221 Leadership Studies
- PFTR1222 Resistance Training and Assessment
- PFTR1223 Aerobic Training and Assessment
- NUTR1124 Applied Nutrition Strategies
- BUSN2321 Business Strategies for Exercise Professionals
- PFTR2423 Applied Exercise Professional Strategies
- PFTR2424 Lifespan and Clinical Exercise Considerations II
- PFTR2491 Practicum II: Professional Experience