What to Expect
Training for the Pre-employment Auto Body Repair program is provided at Patricia Campus. NAIT supplies fully equipped tool boxes for students consisting of air and hand tools.
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend
- 15 hours per week in classes learning theory
- 15 hours per week completing shop work
The shop facility includes
- 3 paint spray booths
- 2 frame straighteners
- a computerized paint mixing system
NAIT holds a large inventory of specialized auto body tools and equipment, such as
- resistance spot welder
- laser frame measuring system
- plasma cutters
- wheel alignment equipment
- wheel balancer
- wheel mounting equipment
- computer diagnostic equipment
- waterborne painting system
- MIG and TIG welding machines
Is This Program For You?
To be successful in the trade, technicians need
- strength and stamina required to handle heavy tools and parts
- manual dexterity, excellent hand-eye coordination and good colour vision
- creativity, patience and a keen attention to detail
- effective communication and customer service skills
- an interest in automobiles
- commitment to safe work habits
Work in the auto body trade involves a lot of manual labour and students are advised to speak with a body shop owner, manager or technician about the skills and physical stamina required for this trade before enrolling in the program.
Students in the Pre-employment Auto Body Repair program will learn
- industry overview and regulations
- component removals and installations
- substrate preparations
- hand-skills and basic sheet metal repair
- work practicum
The School of Skilled Trades wants our first-year students to become confident in their abilities, get connected to NAIT through groups, peers and staff, be supported personally and academically, get motivated to complete their program and most importantly enjoy the learning environment here at NAIT.
Being an apprentice student is quite different from being a full-time student. Apprentices are in school for short periods of time and some programs are on satellite campuses. Our goal is to improve communication with apprentices on all campuses to ensure you have access to all the services we have to offer at NAIT for you to be successful.
If there is something you are looking for or if you need additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Apprenticeship Information
- Frequently asked questions about NAIT apprenticeship
- Frequently asked questions about the apprenticeship process
Women in Technology and Trades
The Pre-employment Auto Body Repair program is supported by Women in Technology and Trades (WITT), an offering of NAIT Student Engagement. The goal of WITT is to ensure that all female students are aware of and prepared for the career opportunities that are available to them in diverse technical fields. Throughout the year, WITT provides networking events, lunch and learns, mentorship opportunities and support services that are available to women in technology and trades programs at NAIT.