Where it Can Take You
The Laboratory & Research program provides training for employment in a diverse biotechnology and research lab market. Graduates have been employed in:
- Biotechnology industry
- Medical research (e.g. cancer, diabetes, cardiac or colitis research)
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Agriculture and Food industry
- Microbiology and Virology
- Analytical chemistry labs
- Waste water treatment
- Post-secondary institutions
What successful grads have to say
Write Jocelyne: "When I first moved to Edmonton, it was originally to attend a University, but after a year of studies I had decided that there was too much theory and not enough technical learning for the career I had in mind.
"I always wanted to be a lab technician and the Biological Sciences Technology program had a second year option - Lab and Research, which is what piqued my interest. I decided to attend NAIT and have enjoyed every minute of it.
"I chose NAIT because of the program, the class sizes and the general welcoming feel of the campus. Over the past year I have found it easy to maintain a part-time job and keep my grades up without too much stress or pressure. The friends I have made are amazing and the everyday experiences in the labs and in the classroom make going to school worthwhile; the program is well rounded, the classes are very interesting and the teachers/professors are like friends. Even the first day of classes, when you don't know anybody, and it's just a nervous and awkward moment, the teachers make you feel welcomed and they do their best to reduce that tension of sitting in a classroom full of people you don't know.
"I feel like I will be leaving this program having truly learned material that will help me in life."
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Pre/Post Graduation Affiliation
Students in the Laboratory and Research Program are eligible for student membership in ASET (Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists).
Continuing your studies
Graduates will find that universities will grant approximately 1-1.5 years of credit toward a 4 year degree program. The exact amount of credit will vary with both the university and faculty involved.
Students can choose to go take NAIT's Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management after completing their diploma.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact email@example.com
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org