Where it Can Take You
Chemical Technology graduates will find employment opportunities in a wide range of areas, including:
- the chemical industry (manufacture of inorganic and organic chemicals such as mineral acids, soda ash, caustic soda, fertilizers, explosives, oils, soaps and plastics)
- the petrochemical industry (petroleum extraction, oil refining; manufacture of synthetic crude oil, fuel and lubricants; development and manufacture of agricultural products)
- the environmental analysis field (including commercial laboratories, government agencies and industrial monitoring laboratories)
- metallurgical and electro-metallurgical recovery of metals
- the mining industry (separating and concentrating ore-bearing minerals)
- the food industry (government monitoring agencies, packing plants, dairies, beverage firms)
- research institutions (industrial R&D laboratories, government research agencies, universities, colleges, atomic energy plants)
- biotechnology laboratories
- forensic laboratories
Typical employers include commercial, industrial, and government laboratories.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Associations you can join
Chemical Technology graduates are eligible for membership in the following organizations.
- Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
- Canadian Society of Chemical Technology
- Chemical Institute of Canada
- Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta (ACPA)
Continuing your studies
Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management - NAIT
Completion of this diploma qualifies as the first two years of NAIT's four year Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management Degree.
Graduates receive advanced standing in several university programs in Canada.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Griffith University in Australia Completion of this diploma requires only 1.5 more years to get your degree.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com