Where it Can Take You
Graduates of the Radio & Television - Television program typically find entry-level employment in television stations, production houses or by working freelance. Some graduates find challenging positions in large business organizations having their own production facilities. A graduate of this program is qualified for the following careers.
- Reporter/News Writer
- Production Assistant/Script Assistant
- Audio Operator
- Graphics Operator
- Studio Camera Operator
- Electronic News Gathering Camera Operator
What successful grads have to say
A lengthy field placement at the end of the program gives each student valuable industry experience and connections in radio and tv. CBC Edmonton meteorologist Stephanie Barsby is one of several well-known radio and television personalities to get their start at NAIT. Stephanie was recently featured in techlife magazine - read more in "CBC Edmonton meteorologist Stephanie Barsby demystifies the job of weather forecasting".
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Graduates of the Television Program are eligible for transfer credit to the following degree programs.
- Applied Degree in Motion Picture Arts, Red Deer College
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, MacEwan University, University of Calgary, Athabasca University, Royal Roads University, and Griffith University
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com