How to Apply
Credit Programs & Courses
Students applying to credit programs and courses are required to apply using the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS).
- How to apply for credit programs & courses - see step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application process.
- Apply now
- Application Deadlines
Additional Admission Pathway for Medical Laboratory Assisting
Students now have an additional pathway to begin their program journey in the School of Health and Life Sciences at NAIT.
Some of the Health and Life Sciences programs require an interview as part of the selection process. Starting September 2017, students who complete one or more of the following open studies courses with a final grade of 75% or greater will be guaranteed an interview in any Health and Life Sciences program they apply to for winter or fall intake in 2018. Students may receive transfer credits for these courses if applicable after acceptance into the program.
The following 5 open studies courses are part of this initiative.
- CLXT1101 – Safe Practices and Patient Management
- PHYS1112 – Physical Principles and Instrumentation in Sonography
- RADI1130 – Image Acquisition and Quality Management
- RESP1101 – Oxygen Therapy
- RSCH1100 – Research in Healthcare
Successful completion of an open studies course does not guarantee an applicant a seat in the program. Applicants must also meet the minimum academic requirements to be considered for an interview. Because the entrance requirements vary per program, please see About the Program for program-specific requirements.