What to Expect
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend on average:
- Phase I: 49 weeks with 27 hours per week in class experience at NAIT Main Campus. Augmented with 20 to 23 hours per week studying and completing class assignments.
- Phase II: 38 weeks of Clinical Placement (7.25 hours per day, five days per week). Plus completion of RSCH1100 Research in Healthcare.
Clincial Placement Tuition Fees:
Full tuition cap will apply to MELT2591A and MELT2591B.
The tuition for MELT2591C will be less than the tuition cap.
Students in the Diagnostic Laboratory programs at NAIT receive hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment.
- View the Diagnostic Laboratory photo gallery
- Learn more about Diagnostic Laboratory facilities at NAIT
A lifelong interest in health sciences led Heather to try two different post-secondary schools before finding the right fit at NAIT in Medical Laboratory Technology. Read her story.
Is This Program For You?
To be successful, graduates must possess:
- the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- good organizational skills
- good communication skills
- the ability to work with efficiency, accuracy and precision
- the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- the ability to adapt to varied and challenging situations
As a student in the School of Health and Life Sciences, see how it prepares you for a successful career.
- Alumni profiles – hear what our grads have to say about their NAIT education and how it has contributed to their careers.
- Student profiles – why do students choose NAIT? What's it like to be a student in the Health and Life Sciences programs? Find out from the students themselves.
- Clubs – a NAIT education extends well beyond the classroom. Find out how the Dental Assisting Club is making a real difference in our community.
- Awards and recognition – the quality of our programs and instruction shows! Our students and graduates excel at all levels.
- Video galleries – watch our students at work, see what they do and listen to why they've chosen the School of Health and Life Sciences.
- Photo galleries – get a view of our classrooms, facilities, equipment and laboratories.