Where it Can Take You
Most graduates find employment in training-related areas and are able to apply their training and skills as accounting technicians, cost analysts, payroll accountants and, later, as supervisors in related areas. They enjoy employment opportunities at many different levels in financial accounting, internal auditing, financial analysis and cost accounting. Typical employers include government, industry, accounting firms, banks, hospitals and consulting firms.
What successful grads have to say
Sandra Spencer began her career as a Registered Dental Assistant. After 5 years in dental offices, including a brief stint as a dental office manager, she felt that she had learned all she could in the dental field - but there was still much more to learn more about management.
Wanting a small school where she could have a more personal experience, Sandra chose NAIT's Business Administration program to begin her studies. While Sandra initially planned to go into the management program, the variety of courses in the JR Shaw School of Business's common first year led her to discover an affinity for accounting. She is now working to complete her accounting diploma before going on to her Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
Sandra plans to gain her Chartered Accountant designation after graduating from NAIT.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
Graduates of the Business Administration – Accounting diploma program may receive a 2-year transfer credit toward the completion of the following 4 year degree programs.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), NAIT
- Bachelor of Applied Business Administration - Accounting, NAIT
- Bachelor of Applied Business - Finance, NAIT
Graduates may obtain advance credits toward the following designations: a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
Many courses in the CPA are available in NAIT’s Accelerated Accounting diploma program, offered on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com