Where it Can Take You
Instrumentation Engineering Technology is an extremely versatile career choice. A variety of employment opportunities are open to IET graduates. Many have found employment locally and internationally in a variety of positions, including:
- instrument design
- technical sales representatives
- field engineering technologists
- maintenance personnel
- testing and commissioning technologists.
What successful grads have to say
The Instrumentation program at NAIT gave me the foundation I needed to start my career. I had technical knowledge and hands-on experience, and I learned how to network and apply for the job of my choice. I am in the engineering consulting business and have been employed by Colt Engineering since I graduated. I feel very comfortable in my career with the skills I acquired at NAIT.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
Instrumentation Engineering grads are eligible for advanced credit in:
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management, NAIT
- Faculty of Engineering, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, Lakehead University, University of Victoria
- Faculty of Science, University of Alberta, Athabasca University
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) - After two years of suitable work experience in industry, the graduate may seek certification with the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) to receive their CET designation.
- Professional Technologist (P.Tech.) - Upon further qualification graduates can receive their P.Tech designation for ASET.
- Instrumentation Technician Journeyman Certification - this certification may be obtained after indentured field experience and appropriate qualification exams are completed.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact email@example.com
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org