Where it Can Take You
Graduates are in high demand as there is a shortage of trained people. Typical employers include design engineers, building automation companies, energy consultants, product representatives and contractors.
Successful completion of the Building Environment Systems Technology diploma program will assist graduates with
- entry into the building mechanical design and commissioning industry
- employment in building systems evaluation, project management and inspection
- employment in building systems contracting and consulting
- entry into the building controls design and servicing industry
- a position in technical engineering sales
- a lead into the refrigeration trade certification program
- a lead into the Power Engineering 4th Class certificate and related industry
- a lead into mechanical and sheet metal estimating
- a stable position in industry-specific wholesale business
- a position in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment design and manufacturing industry
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Apprenticeship Program
Successful completion of the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Refrigeration Technician and Building Environment Systems Technology programs will give you substantial credit towards a trade ticket as a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.
- You would be exempt from all 4 years of classroom training. Full credit is granted for Period 1, and upon successful challenge of corresponding Technical Examination in Periods 2, 3 & 4.
- You would receive 660 hours of credit for Period 1 & 2, and would only be required to complete the following work experience hours required for this program.
- 900 hours of work experience - for Period 1 & 2
- 1560 hours of work experience - for Period 3 & 4
- You would be exempt from writing the Period 1 and 2 Technical examinations and can challenge the Period 3 & 4 exams after completing the required work hours.
Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management Program, NAIT
Graduates are eligible to enter NAIT's Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management (BTech-TM) program, and can earn their BTech-TM degree with just two additional years of full-time studies.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com