What to Expect
The Building Environment Systems Technology program incorporates the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Refrigeration Technician certificate program. Studies focus on the engineering theory and conceptual aspects of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) integration in building systems. Advanced trade-related refrigeration courses are also included.
- design and operation of mechanical systems, control integration and commercial refrigeration used in buildings and manufacturing processes
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning mechanical system design utilizing AutoCAD
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning mechanical estimating, contract management and project management
- energy auditing and alternative energy management strategies
This program provides greater industry access and employment flexibility, and it enables students to focus their training on a broad range of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration job market.
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend, on average
- 33 hours per week attending classes over the course of a semester
- 15 to 30 hours per week studying and completing class assignments outside of scheduled class time
Classrooms are combined with lab areas.
- Staff Office - Room A131
Main Lab - Room C107
Labs are fully equipped with training units and digital control systems. Computer labs are linked through a main server and most courses incorporate computer-generated curricula.
The School of Skilled Trades wants our first-year students to become confident in their abilities, get connected to NAIT through groups, peers and staff, be supported personally and academically, get motivated to complete their program and most importantly enjoy the learning environment here at NAIT.
Being an apprentice student is quite different from being a full-time student. Apprentices are in school for short periods of time and some programs are on satellite campuses. Our goal is to improve communication with apprentices on all campuses to ensure you have access to all the services we have to offer at NAIT for you to be successful.
If there is something you are looking for or if you need additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.