Where it Can Take You
Graduates of this program may choose careers as assistants to interior designers and architects or in technical sales and managerial positions with:
- retail outlets
- furniture and product manufacturers and suppliers
- furniture manufacturers, distributors and dealerships
- offices of interior designers
- decorators and architects
- kitchen cabinet suppliers
- large corporations
- government planning and design departments
Opportunities for Further Education:
Interior Design Technology graduates can earn a second diploma - ArchitecturalTechnology - with one more year of study, giving them two diplomas in just three years.
Graduates are also eligible to enter NAIT's Bachelor of Technology Management (BTech-TM) program, and can earn their BTech-TM degree with just two additional years of full-time study. Part-time and online BTech-TM courses are also available, providing convenient study options.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
- Interior Designers of Alberta - Offer an "Associate Member" membership which allows you to subscribe to courses and educational sessions at a discounted rate.
Associations you can join
- Alberta Association of Architects (AAA) - After two years of work experience under supervision of a Registered or Licensed AAA member, you can become Affiliate Members of the Alberta Association of Architects and be titled Interior Design Technologist.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com