Where it Can Take You
NAIT cabinetmaker graduates are in high demand as their hands-on experience and focus on safety training are sought after in the workforce. Cabinetmakers are highly employable in
- cabinetmaking/kitchen cupboard making shops
- architectural millwork shops
- office/home furniture manufacturers
- staircase manufacturers
Cabinetmakers are employed in custom shops or are self-employed.
Many cabinetmakers stay in the trade until they retire. They may set up their own shops or advance to supervisory positions.
For more information on roles, duties, career paths, salaries and more, visit
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Red Seal Certification
Apprentices may attempt the Interprovincial Exam in the final period of their apprenticeship training and, if successful, be granted a Red Seal under the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program. A Red Seal ensures recognition of your certification throughout Canada without further examination.
Blue Seal Certification
Individuals possessing a valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate, an Alberta Qualification Certificate, an Alberta Occupational Certificate, or a valid recognized credential are eligible to receive a Blue Seal business credential after completing the necessary requirements.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com